Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Wait....

So out of curiosity I emailed our agency yesterday and just asked what the wait time is averaging.

By wait time I mean, after all of this money is paid, paper work (dossier) is turned in and we are literally waiting to get a referral, how much time is going by.

By referral I mean, we requested specific age range & gender. When there is a child that meets those specifics they will send us our "referral." The child's folder that contains all of their information and hopefully a sweet little picture.

His response to my email was brief.

This is what it said:

"The wait time has been increasing recently. My best guestimate on wait time from when your dossier is sent to Ethiopia until you receive a referral is about 6 to 12 months right now. We don’t have enough families in the Ethiopia program to get referrals every month. We have 2 families with completed dossier’s and waiting on referrals right now. They have both been waiting about 7 months now."

Ummm.... what exactly does that mean? I felt like it wasn't a very good response. All I saw were numbers and stuff that I really couldn't understand.

It means a couple things:

#1-they fact that there are only 2-TWO- families waiting with our agency is INCREDIBLE. I mean at an adoption conference about a month ago all I heard was "we are number 76" or "we waited 2 years" This means that if we were done with paper work/money we would be 3 on the list!!! This is encouraging!!!

#2- the fact that the wait time for a referral is averaging 6-12 months is SO much better than 24 months! Listen, 6 months to this girl right here is just about no time.

And even if we do wait for more than 12 months, it's worth it. Every.single.day.
AND it just means we have more time to press into the Lord and learn more about Him.

It helps me to write all of these things out, y'all.
It helps me to talk it out. Talking with Em this afternoon really helped me.
I'll be honest, this adoption journey is a learn along the way thing and we have a loooooong way to go!

So so thankful for friends who have been there-done that-have 50 t-shirts and can encourage us along the way. Helping us understand the "what exactly does that mean" emails and all of the information coming in. THANK YOU LORD!!!!

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time.

Ecc 3:11

Trusting in His timing. Knowing it... SHE.. will be beautiful!!

 

May the things of Earth grow strangley dim, in the light of His glory & grace,
Kim

 

{Canvas paper
{tip of a pencil eraser
{purple stamp pad
{thumb prints for the heart
{sits over our couch in between pictures of our boys

{waitin' on you guh-fran <3}

 

2 comments:

Recording Megow Adventures said...

love you Kim! I get chills every time I come here for the update :)

anything but LoKEY said...

Any news is good news as far as I am concerned. :) Right now, I take all the positives and say "I will be patient, Lord." Thanks for the update.

Post a Comment

 
© 5plus1equals6