Friday, April 12, 2013

Number 2!!!

It's a good thing I'm typing this instead of writing it because you wouldn't be able to read it I'm shaking with such excitement!!

We received the news that we are number 2 on the waiting list!!

T
W
O

As in next to number 1, as in almost there, as in OH MY GOSH THIS IS HAPPENING!!!!!

The crazy-just like the Lord- thing is, the day we found out we were number 2 is the day before Roger left for Cuba on a mission trip.
The day before I left for Africa last May we found out we were given the $20,000 grant.

Y'all, my words, they can't explain. Some things you just have to see.

That's the sole purpose for sharing this crazy journey with you is so that you will see the Lord & for His glory.
Oh my friend if you don't know Him you are missing out!!!



So what in the world is happening now...

This means once we become number 1, we wait for a referral.
The file containing a female between the ages of 0-4.
Her picture.
Her medical records & family history that they are aware of.
And we accept her.
Then we make plans to travel. This could take a several weeks to prepare for.
We are waiting to hear if we have any left over from the $20,000 grant we received to apply towards travel so we may be doing some more fun-raising.
Anxious to see how the Lord provides!!

I also want to share with you one other detail.

When we were filling out the mountains of paper work, we got to the line where it said "number of children you are requesting."
Roger and I felt that the Lord wanted us to be willing/open to a sibling group of 2. {see a pattern here with the 'w' word?}

This does not mean we are getting two children.

It does mean that if we become number 1 and our referral comes in, if she has a brother or a sister up to age 8 that brother or sister will come home with her and be in our family. They will not split up a sibling group.

I know, I know what you're thinking.

But we are trusting the Lord with this and He knows!! He.knows.
Willingness is what He wants.

What would your reaction be if I told you of a family that brought home a sibling group of 3 boys from Ethiopia to add to their family of 3 biological boys & 2 daughters from Ethiopia for a total of 8 children.
This family lives in a very moderate home and to make room  for these new additions they gave up their master bedroom & bathroom for multiple sets of bunk beds that would sleep all of their boys.

I can tell you what my reaction was "ummmm WOW. THAT is radical. THAT is something I'd never thought of. THAT is the most selfless act I can think of."

And then I asked myself, could I do that?
Could I/would I give up our nice spacious bedroom & the comfort of our big spacious bathroom to condense into a little extra bedroom with a bed & dresser for the sake of bringing home children to a forever family and raising them in a home filled with love & the Word of God?

This family was obedient to the Lord and He made a way for them.
Just like He made a way for the Israelites to escape Egypt by parting the Red Sea & just like He made a way for us to know Him by sacrificing His own son, Jesus, for you.


I am the way, the truth & the life, no one comes to the Father accept through me.- Jesus
John 14:6

We may not live in a "big enough" home or have "enough bedrooms" or "make enough money" by the worlds standards to bring home 2 children, but if we are obedient to the Lord, He will make a way and we have complete trust in Him.

Does the thought of bringing TWO children home scared me to death, yes it does!
But the thought of being disobedient to the Lord scares me more.

So, here we are, NUMBER TWO on the list.

Shaking yet?
Me too :)


May the things of Earth grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory & grace,

Kim

4 comments:

Unknown said...

O Kim how faithful you and Roger are to the Lord and what He is doing in your life. You take my breath away! Praying for you as always, but even more now. Love you my sister in Christ.

Unknown said...

You would give up your room :) This is so exciting! I am the horrible friend who is praying Lord give them 2. You know Lord how much love is in that home!

Recording Megow Adventures said...

love love love you guys and your heart!!

Unknown said...

So excited to continue to watch the Lord work in your life and the Russell home! Congrats, Kim!!

Post a Comment

 
© 5plus1equals6