Tuesday, April 30, 2013

On edge..

I'm literally on the edge of my seat.

The anticipation of THE phone call/email makes my heart race like this robust coffee I tried to drink a few weeks ago.



I'm catching myself thinking:

"Last year ON Mother's Day, I was literally sitting in the home of an Ethiopian family visiting with them IN Africa. Wouldn't it be SO COOL if we got THE call on or around this Mother's Day?!?!"



"What if my phone goes off in Bible study with THE call!?! I'm gonna go out into the hallway and answer it and a I may or may not care if I scream!!"

"What if we get THE call on Father's Day? That would literally tickle my husband pink."

When the screen of my phone lights up I break my neck to look at it. What if it's THE email?

Brushing my teeth, will today be THE day?

Where will I be when we get THE news?

Will I be grocery shopping in Wal-Mart? Will I leave my buggy or proceed to checkout? If I leave it there I'll blow my witness. Surely they'll understand, won't they?

THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It could be any day or months from now.

No one but the Lord knows....

Reminds me of this verse:

No one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son Himself. Only the Father knows.
Mark 13:32

No one knows when Jesus will return to claim His redeemed. 
Just like no one knows when we'll get the call for our Lily.

I wonder since Jesus doesn't know when His Father will say "It's time, go and get them," if He is on the edge of His seat as well? 
Can't you just see Him standing on the edge of the clouds like a runner at the start of a race waiting for the "GO!!"

And as believers we are EAGERLY hoping for the day when God will give us our full rights as His adopted children, including the new bodies He has promised us! 
Romans 8:23

We are longing for His return!
And since we don't know when He'll come back we should live in this anticipation in sharing the Good News with anyone we see!

Just this morning someone asked me how was our adoption going and I was EAGER to share with them that we are #2!! It literally could be any day.

Am I that eager to share the news of the One who paid the price for my sin? 
The One who rose from the grave? The One who has rescued me from the pit of hell? The One who has bought my life with a price? His own blood? The King of Kings? My great high Priest? My Comforter My Healer My Provider!

Oh that I would live my life on the edge of my seat to share about my Savior all the time!

We're nothing with out Him y'all. 
He died for you. 
Do you know Him?

May the things of Earth grow strangely dim in the light of His glory & grace,

Kim



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 5plus1equals6